-New –Are you interested in the Grand Old Day Working Group? Contact email@example.com with a short statement about why you want to participate including your name, phone number, street address and email address to be added to a list. A meeting time will be established before March 1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up, thank you to everyone who has already expressed interest.
On Feb. 9 the Summit Hill Association Board of Directors passed a motion to approve the Grand Old Day proposal listed below with the following changes: to approve as requested, but to shut down music, stages and alcohol sales at 7 p.m., with the addition that there must be security at ends of all allies were music is played (From Victoria to Dale) and a stipulation that a task force be formed with residents, SHA and GABA by March 1, 2017.
- Grand Avenue Business Association (GABA) is proposing that three festival gardens Billy’s, Dixie’s, Wild Onion commence operations at 11 a.m. and remain open until 8 p.m. Music will stop at 7:30 p.m. and last call will be at 7:45 p.m.
- GABA managed stages at Walgreen’s, Pier I and U.S. Bank will close at 5 p.m.
- Grand Old Day will return to a one-day event. There will be no Saturday activities.
- Grand Ave. between Victoria and St. Albans remain closed until 8 p.m. Streets west of Victoria will open at 5 p.m.
- Extended time for wristband sales will increase revenue generation for GABA and our nonprofit partners.
- A staggered exit time will disperse the crowd in stages, which has been recommended by the St. Paul Police Department.
- Grand Old Day had record attendance in 2016 with only minor recorded incidents, and no safety or security complaints to the GABA office.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.