Summit Hill Association has an opening for a board member! To apply, go to the “forms” section of this webpage.
As part of my responsibilities as a board member:
Meeting and Time Commitments:
- The board of directors meets monthly on the second Thursday of the month, 7 p.m. in the Linwood Community Center. Meetings typically last 90 minutes.
- Board members will also serve as an active member on at least one committee
- Board members are asked to volunteer time and service as major SHA-sponsored events including the House Tour, Annual Neighborhood Cleanup and Grand Old Day.
Expectations of Board Members:
- I will support and advocate the organization work and values to the community.
- I will refrain from making official statements on behalf of the Board or SHA and, instead, refer individuals to the SHA President who serves as the organization spokesperson.
- I will fulfill the stated SHA by-law requirement that I not be absent from three meetings within any time period six regularly scheduled monthly meetings of the Board are held.
- I will serve as an acting member of at least one, if not 2 standing committees.
- I will volunteer my time and service at SHA sponsored events including participation in the fundraising activities of SHA as a contributor or volunteer.
- I will fulfill my legal and fiduciary responsibilities under Minnesota law as a member of the Board of SHA, a 501(c)(3) organization and as detailed in Board orientation materials.
- I will act in the best interests of the organization and excuse myself from discussions and votes where I have a conflict of interest either real or perceived.
- I will stay informed about the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will prepare for Board and committee meetings in advance. I will participant in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies and other board matters.
- I will work in good faith with staff and other Board members as partners and colleagues towards successful achievement of our goals.
- If I do not fulfill these commitments to the organization I will expect the SHA President to call me and discuss my responsibilities with me.